1200字范文,内容丰富有趣,写作的好帮手!
1200字范文 > 学英语|读《威廉·莎士比亚》初级双语小说连载阅读-08

学英语|读《威廉·莎士比亚》初级双语小说连载阅读-08

时间:2022-10-07 03:02:59

相关推荐

学英语|读《威廉·莎士比亚》初级双语小说连载阅读-08

08

4 A new life in London

4伦敦的新生活

It’s two days’ journey to London by horse, and Will talked all the way.

坐了两天的马车我们抵达伦敦,一路上威尔谈笑风水。

His eyes were bright and excited. He was full of plans, and poems, and a love of live.

他双眼熠熠生辉,此时他踌躇满志,对生活无限憧憬。

‘I talked to one of the Queen’s Men,’ he told me.

“我曾和“女王剧团”的演员聊过天,“他告诉我。

‘He said that he could find me work in the theatre. Acting, perhaps. Or helping to write some plays. I showed him some of my writing. and he was very interested.’

“他说可以帮我在剧团找个活干,或许可以演戏,或者让我帮忙写剧本。我曾给他看过一些我的作品,他很感兴趣。”

When we rode into London, I began to feel afraid.

我们驱车进入伦敦城时, 我开始感到心慌。

This was a big, big city, and we were just two unimportant young men from a small town.

这是很大、很大的一座城市,而我们只是两个从小镇来的微不足道的小伙子。

I’ll never forget the noise, and the smells, and the crowds.

城市的拥挤、喧嚣惨和着种种气味至今令我记忆犹新。

There were200,000 people living in the City of London- I never saw so many people before in my life.

伦敦市内生活着20万居民——我以前从未见过这么多的人。

We went down the river Thames and saw the famous London Bridge, with all its shops and houses.

我们来到泰晤士河,看到了著名的伦敦桥以及商店和住在鳞次节比。

Down the river was the Tower of London. Enemies of the Queen went into the Tower through the river gate, and mostly came out without their heads.

河下游便是伦敦塔,女王的敌人一旦从河上的闸门进了这座塔,几乎不能生还。

We found a small inn in East cheap, not too expensive, and had some bread, meat, and beer for our supper.

我们在东切普赛德街找到一处不太贵的小客栈住下,晚饭吃了几块面包、肉,喝了点啤酒。

‘Well, we’re here!’ Will said. ‘At last!’

“哇,我们终于到了这儿!”威尔说到道,“终于!”

‘Mum,’ I said. ‘What do we do next?’

“是啊,”我说。“接下来我们干什么呢?”

He laughed. ‘Everything!’

他笑道:“什么都干!”

The next day we began to look for work.

第二天我们便出去找活干 。

本内容不代表本网观点和政治立场,如有侵犯你的权益请联系我们处理。
网友评论
网友评论仅供其表达个人看法,并不表明网站立场。