1200字范文,内容丰富有趣,写作的好帮手!
1200字范文 > 李开复英语演讲:人工智能的未来

李开复英语演讲:人工智能的未来

时间:2019-02-15 01:07:35

相关推荐

李开复英语演讲:人工智能的未来

这是李开复博士关于人工智能的一个演讲,主题是人工智能的未来。他在演讲中讲到,未来人工智能影响的不仅是科技公司,也会改变每一个传统公司,甚至改变教育、改变社会。

演讲稿

非常感谢陈教授

Thank you very much professor Chen.

陈教授是我在业内最受尊敬的同事之一

Professor Chen is one of my most respected colleagues in the industry.

我很高兴看到他将会在大中华区待更长的时间

and I'm pleased to see that he's going to spend more time in the Greater China area.

你们很多人可能通过谷歌了解我

A lot of you probably know me through Google

或者通过我的书,或者是创新工场

or my books or salivation ventures Chuang Xin Gong Chang

作为年轻企业家的孵化器

as our incubator for young entrepreneurs

但是今天我想告诉你们我的真实背景

but today actually I want to tell you what my real background

有时我省略了

was which sometimes I omit.

实际上,这是我申请研究生院时的申请书

I actually this is my application to graduate school.

我是哥伦比亚大学的本科生

I was an undergraduate at Columbia,

我想获得计算机科学的博士学位

and I wanted to attend and get a PhD in computer science.

这就是我写的

and this is what I wrote.

这是我发给很多大学的申请书

This is the the actual application I sent to a number of universities

最后是卡内基梅隆大学录取了我

that ended up going to Carnegie Mellon.

这是在1983年

This was back in 1983

那时我想到

when I thought really

最后的前沿将是了解我们的大脑是如何运作的

the final frontier will be to understand how our brain works.

如果电脑能成为我们的大脑

and if the computer could become our brain,

连接到我们的大脑

be connected to our brain

我们将理解人类的思维是如何运作的

we understand how the human thinking works.

这是我们最后可以征服的前沿

This is the final frontier that we could conquer.

我一点也不知道

Little did I know that

这一领域最终会变得如此火热

this field would end up becoming so hot so quickly,

即使是30多年后的今天

even though it's 30-some years later.

而我最初的愿望将会完全不同

and that my original aspiration would become completely different.

之后我会告诉你我和人工智能到底发生了什么

So later I will tell you what actually happened with me and with AI.

为什么我们都在人工智能中

and why we're all in in artificial intelligence in salivation ventures.

当你们来创新工场拜访我们的时候就会发现

When you come and visit us in Chuang Xin Gong Chang,

那里已经不再是公司的孵化器了

there are no more incubator companies.

我们不再做天使投资了

We do not do angel investments anymore.

所以我和我的一些朋友谈过

So I talked about, you know, with any of my friends

你打算如何开一家新公司呢?

how are you going to talk about how to start a new company.

我认为,我们所有人都必须理解并使用这些东西

I think there's a much greater thing that all of us have to understand and capture and use

因为它就像互联网

because it's just like the Internet,

早期,安迪·格罗夫说

I think early days and Andy Grove said,

任何不了解互联网的公司

any company that doesn't understand the Internet

会因此而灭亡

is going to be perished because of it

每个人都必须接受它

and it has everyone has to embrace it

我认为人工智能比互联网还要重要得多

and I think AI is something much bigger than even internet.

所以每个人都必须明白

So something everyone has to understand

对我们来说,这是一个巨大的投资机会

it's a great investment opportunity for us.

它不仅会对科技公司产生影响

and there's a it's going to impact not just technology companies.

也会改变每一个传统的公司

It's going to change every traditional company,

改变教育、改变社会

change education, change society,

改变政府的思维方式

change the way government's think.

所以人工智能是如此重要以至于我们不再做公司孵化了

So it is something so big that we are no longer doing incubation

我们并没有改变我们的名字

sound of ventures we haven't changed our name.

但我们完全进入了人工智能

But we are completely into artificial intelligence.

我想告诉你们为什么

and I want to tell you why.

同时你也会发现我最初的愿望是有点幼稚的

and also you will learn that my original aspiration turned out to be a little naive

认为今天的人工智能并不完全是关于人类的大脑或与之相连的

that AI today is not at all about taking the human brain or connecting to it.

如果有人这样告诉你

and anyone who tells you so

可能过于乐观或过于天真

is perhaps overly optimistic or overly naive.

我会继续解释AI是什么

and I would proceed to explain what AI is.

所以在我去苹果之前

So actually before I went to Apple,

实际上我做了很多工作

I actually did a lot of work,

涉及到电脑游戏,开发了第一个程序

involving computer gaming actually developed the first program.

我自己写了代码

I wrote the code myself that be the world champion,

不是Go而是Othello

not Go but Othello.

我还写了第一个语音识别系统

and I also wrote the first speech recognition system

可以理解演讲者独立的连续演讲

that could understand speaker independent continuous speech.

这就是我的工作

So that was my work

在我成为技术主管和风险投资家之前

before I went and became a technology executive and the venture capitalists.

但是,这些记忆将永远留在我的脑海中

But this is these are the memories that will always stay with me.

我认为对这些技术的基本理解

and I think the fundamental understanding of these technologies

让我们更好

makes us better off

就投资者和我们所做的公司而言

in terms of investor and the company that we do.

这就是人工智能的历史

So really this is the history of AI.

50年代,人们说我们要弄清楚大脑是怎么运作的

In the 50s, people said we're going to figure out how the brain works

然后我们将在十年内解决这个问题

and then we're going to solve it in ten years,

然后所有的期望都建立起来了

and then all the expectations got built up,

当然,这并不是完全没有实现的

and then of course not did not deliver,

人们说你撒谎,然后资金就停止了

and people said you liar and then funding stopped.

在我的博士论文之后

and again right after my PhD thesis,

人们说,哇,人工智能将会改变世界

people said, Wow, AI is gonna change the world.

它不是通过专家系统来完成的

it's going to be not through expert systems

而是通过神经网络

but through neuro networks

当然,它也没能实现

and then of course it also failed to deliver.

现在我们的期望比以往任何时候都要高

and now we're at even a higher level of expectation than ever.

另附上演讲的完整无字幕版!

- THE END -

本内容不代表本网观点和政治立场,如有侵犯你的权益请联系我们处理。
网友评论
网友评论仅供其表达个人看法,并不表明网站立场。